Lead Support Worker
Location : Bridgwater
Salary : £10.86 Per Hour to Negotiable
Are you bored with your current job and looking for a new challenge?
Discovery is looking for Lead Support Workers to join the team fantastic outreach team in Bridgwater. This is not your typical Lead Support Role and is more of a Community Co-ordinator role and is not buildings based….although we do have community hubs across Somerset!
- Do you have a passion to work with people; to help them learn something new or take a further step towards independence?
- Does a job where no two days are the same sound interesting?
- Does flexible working with full or part time hours sound appealing?
Then read on..
We are a values based employer, we shortlist and appoint candidates based on how they demonstrate that they share our values:
Ambition – helping people to be the best they can be
Courage – being brave enough to make a difference
Integrity – being honest and fair in all the things we do
Partnership – working with other people to make a bigger difference
Respect – treating everyone fairly and knowing that everyone’s voice is important
If you share our values then we’d love to hear from you!
You will need to have adequate literacy and numeracy skills as well as basic computer skills. No direct experience is required as full training is given by Discovery. A full induction is provided the day you start and you will work towards your Care Certificate within the first three months of your new role, with full support from the Locality and Assistant Locality Managers.
Why join us?
- £10.86 per hour
- 30 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Great induction and training opportunities including the Care Certificate, and Diploma in Health & Social Care
- Mileage allowance
- Supported ‘Learn to Drive’ scheme (up to 30 driving lessons, 1 theory/practical test – all paid for by us)
- A 24 Hour Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family members
- Long Service Awards, Life Assurance and Pension scheme
- Flexible working with the option to work overtime and extra hours
You will have full support from the Locality and Assistant Locality Managers and be part of a team that meets regularly. We will also provide you with a phone and tablet to support the flexible working and to keep records up to date.
Being a driver is desirable for this role to meet people’s needs and to work flexibly across Somerset.
We want the people we support to have fulfilling lives and we want our colleagues to have great careers with us. If you would like to be a part of our team and feel that your values match ours, please apply by clicking the button below, or contact Becky on 07775 7027828for an informal conversation about the role. Before you know it you could be making a positive difference every day.