Transport First Line Manager
Location : Daventry:Nasmyth Road (off Brunel Close)
Salary : 2800000-2800000
BE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF EVERYDAY LIFE
Position: Transport First Line Manager
Contract Type: Permanent
Shift pattern: Rotational 4 on 4 off, 6am – 6pm
Closing Date: 31st October 2021
Are you a motivated, organized individual seeking a challenging and rewarding opportunity in a fast-paced environment? Would you enjoy being part of a dedicated team that works together to create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our customers and employees? If you’re looking for change, and you’re ready to make changes … we’re looking for you.
At DHL our business is logistics, but people are our passion. With over 500,000 team members in 220 countries, we attract and retain great talent. We are one of the most innovative, most culturally diverse companies on the planet. We provide unmatched opportunities for personal and professional development. We really are a, “Best Place to Work.”
If this sounds like a team you’d like to join … keep reading.
We make promises to our customers, and we’ll make promises to you too. The key responsibilities in this role include;
- Support the Senior Transport Management team in meeting the KPI’s of the Transport Operations and to ensure deliveries are executed to the Customer at agreed Service Levels
- Monitor and resolve driver and vehicle compliance discrepancies
- Analyse routes with a negative effect on the SLA to understand the reasons why and to put corrective action to prevent trends continuing with a specific route or driver
- Ensure compliance with company and local statutory obligations regarding working time legislation, operator licensing, Health & Safety and quality
- Provide administrative support to the Transport Outbase Manager and Transport Depot Manager
You won’t find another job like the one you’ll find with DHL Supply Chain. Now, here’s what we need from you:
- Strong organisational skills, together with the ability to work efficiently and accurately in a demanding environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Previous experience working with a transport department is desirable
- Proven people management skills and previous experience leading a team
- Ability to balance conflicting priorities
What will you get in return?
As a DHL employee you’ll have access to a wide variety of benefits aimed at enhancing your wellbeing both at home and at work, from a free and confidential 24/7 GP Service and Employee Assistance Programme to affordable loans, simple savings and financial education. You and your family can also access our mental health app on the go, free mortgage and Will advice as well as hundreds of retail and lifestyle discounts. We also offer yearly free flu jabs and access to discount off medical cash plans including cover for dental and eye care. All this and more is hosted on our Benefits platform which you will have access to as a DHL Employee.
What you’ll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.