Location : HOME:UK
Salary : 3000000-3500000
BE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF EVERYDAY LIFE
Customer: Marks & Spencers
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Closing Date: Tuesday 2nd November 2021
Did you know that DHL Supply Chain is the world’s leading contract logistics provider? Did you know that we employ over 40,000 people in the UK alone and that we have a habit of promoting from within? Did you know that each of our customers have a dedicated finance function and Finance and Operations work seamlessly to ensure we maintain our status as the partner of choice for businesses around the world.
We work across multiple sectors including Retail, Automotive, Aerospace, FMCG, Retail, Public Sector and Aviation? This diversity means that no two contracts are the same and the possibilities of career development are almost endless.
If you want to be part of this incredible journey, DHL Supply Chain has the opportunity for you.
We are looking for an experienced Finance Manager who will control aspects of the Finance function ensuring accurate and timely reporting to internal DHL Stakeholders. You will provide accurate information and administrative support to the Operations team and wider DHL for your selected customer(s)
The Key Responsibilities of the Finance Manager will include:
- Manage the production of key Fleet reports on a daily, weekly, monthly and ad-hoc basis for both the customer and DHL in an accurate and timely manner
- Complete variance analysis and commentary on actuals vs plan in line with timescales for Customer deadlines
- Support the Fleet Operational Management team with any Financial requests
- Ensure DHL Trading and associated reporting is completed on time and to a high standard
- Work with the Senior management team to produce user friendly reports and presentations when required for both the customer and DHL
- Have a thorough understanding of the Fleet Budget, and an understanding of the Operational processes, with a view to streamlining these where appropriate
- Build relationships with Key DHL Departments (CMC, CRD, AMCoE etc)
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of Purchasing & Payroll
- Ensure strong financial controls and systems are managed and pro-actively ensure the controls are maintained
- Share own experiences as well as Coach & Development the 2 team members
- Support on an adhoc basis with other areas of the Transport Finance department where required
- Prepare robust customer budgets and forecasts, working closely with the senior management team
- Strong analytical skills to interrogate data, identify trends and highlight areas for improvement potential to enhance business performance
- Constructive challenge of operational performance identifying risks and opportunities
- Management and development of Payroll Clerks and Purchase Ledger ClerksManaging the site teams to ensure adherence to processe
- Drive and ambition to be flexible to understand and adapt reporting
- Conscientious – able to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate professionally at all levels
- Experience of working in a Customer Facing (Open Book) enviroment
- Operational finance experience gained within logistics or manufacturing industry
- Working knowledge of Oracle
• Required to support Network Fleet operations
To be successful as a Finance Manager in DHL Supply Chain you need the following:
- Proven track record in a similar level role with experience of the above requirements
- High attention to detail
- Exceptional Excel Skills
- Ability to influence key decision makers at all level
- Excellent knowledge of accounting processes and terminology
- People management experience and excellent communication skills
- Either relevant financial qualifications (AAT / CIMA etc.), training towards them or be qualified by experience
What will you get in return?
As a DHL employee you’ll have access to a wide variety of benefits aimed at enhancing your wellbeing both at home and at work, from a free and confidential 24/7 GP Service and Employee Assistance Programme to affordable loans, simple savings and financial education. You and your family can also access our mental health app on the go, free mortgage and Will advice as well as hundreds of retail and lifestyle discounts. We also offer yearly free flu jabs and give you access to our Private Medical Insurance through AXA Health. All this and more is hosted on our Benefits platform which you will have access as a DHL Employee.
What you’ll need to do next?
Joining the DHL family is easy! If you feel that you meet the criteria, have the passion to succeed and have the DHL values simply apply online, uploading an –up-to-date CV with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.