Location : Ipswich and Surrounding
Salary: £19,238 – £20,250 per year
Hours: 37 hours a week; Permanent
Shift pattern: Monday – Thurs: 8am-4pm; Fri: 8am – 3:30pm
Location: Ipswich and Surrounding areas
We are currently recruiting for a Mobile Gardner to work across a number of estates and schemes managed by Orwell in Ipswich and surrounding areas.
The Mobile Gardener provides a gardening and handyperson service for all estates and properties managed by Orwell. Striving for the highest standards of workmanship, the Mobile Gardener will record work before and after projects and standards of estates as evidence of estate conditions.
As part of this role, you will:
- cut and strim communal grassed areas ensuring edges are neat an tidy
- weed, trim and prune communal planted areas
- carry out landscaping improvements and planting
- remove and dispose of litter and garden debris from the estates
- carry out winter projects and landscaping projects as instructed by the Head of Estate Services and in consultation with residents
- litter pick and ensure the estate/property is kept neat and tidy
Our ideal candidate will hold a National Certificate in Horticulture or equivalent and have proven experience in Amenity horticulture. You will have basic plant and pruning knowledge and knowledge of garden machinery and hand/power tool maintenance.
Due to the nature of this role the Mobile Gardener must hold a full driving licence.
More reasons to apply…
- 22 days annual leave (pro rata) plus bank holidays
- access to the Orwell Rewards platform
- reward and recognition awards
- referral scheme (earn up to £300)
- free DBS checks
- wellbeing promise
Interviews: Available Immediately
Orwell is committed to safeguarding and safer employment and the principles of empowerment.
Successful applicants will be required to complete an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.