Manager – Business Data Modelling
Location : London, Bristol
Tuesday 07 June 2022
£52,912 – £66,140
Agile Working Options
Flexible / Variable Hours, Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
Join our Chief Data & Analytics Office where we’re looking for a Manager, be part of a collaborative team, using innovative methods to support the development of best-in-class Strategies for multiple Business Data Modelling disciplines – Reference & Master Data, Data Modelling, Metadata and Authoritative Data Sources.
Our Business Data Modelling & Metadata chapter is part of the Data Management Directorate and central to strengthening our Data Management maturity. Join us and play a key role in developing the frameworks, standards, and processes which underpin how data is logically defined, connected and categorised, allowing us to connect disparate data together to unlock value.
What you’ll be doing…
- Supporting senior colleagues with the formation, delivery and execution of key parts of the Business Data Modelling Strategy and Operating Model
- Conducting analysis on current state challenges through broad partner engagement. Recommending ways to improve approaches, policies, processes, standards, and practices.
- Capturing, agreeing, and prioritising business requirements for delivery of target state business data modelling capabilities
- Proactively managing partners across business areas and working closely with delivery teams to develop medium-term and/or long-term plans aligned to business data modelling strategic objectives
- Developing and running administrative procedures to fulfil business data modelling organisational needs
We’re looking for someone with…
- Experience working in a data management function, especially in Data Modelling, Reference & Master Data Management & Metadata management,
- Understanding of the Business Data Modelling data management disciplines, how they interact and how they contribute to the overall Data Management Strategy,
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, with proven ability to effectively communicate ideas, proposals and implications
- Proven experience influencing senior stakeholders and course correcting initiatives towards strategic outcomes
Ideally, you’ll have…
- Solid grasp of Data Management practices and related solutions on cloud & traditional architectures (essential),
- Accomplished Data Management storyteller motivating colleagues to take action (essential),
- Knowledge of established Lloyds data management toolsets, such as Collibra, and other data management toolsets involved in the management of reference data, master data and data models
- Experience of delivering projects using the Agile methodology and associated tools (JIRA, Confluence)
If this sounds like you… Click apply now!
And in return..?
You’ll also receive a benefits package which includes:
- A performance related award
- Generous pension contribution
- 30 days leave plus bank holidays
- A flexible cash pot (4% of base salary) to spend on benefits
As a new colleague, you’ll join us on our journey to build a 21st century bank that reflects modern Britain, and craft an inclusive culture where all colleagues feel welcomed and valued.
We’re committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We’re an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
Together we make it possible. We’ll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request
At Lloyds Banking Group, we’re driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain recover. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you’ll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you’ll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We’re focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.