Support Worker Waking Nights
Location : Ruishton
Salary : £11.28 Per Hour to Negotiable
Discovery are currently recruiting for Waking Night Support Workers to join our friendly and supportive team at a Residential Care Home based in Ruishton near Taunton where we support 7 adults who have learning disabilities and / or autism.
Our Waking Night shift runs from 9pm until 7am
Discovery Waking Night Support Workers do not need prior experience in Health Care Assistant or Social Care roles as full training is given.
Benefits for Support Workers working with Discovery include:
- Competitive rates of pay
- 30 days paid Annual Leave (including public holidays – pro rata)
- Opportunities for career progression
- High Street Discounts – Retail and Entertainment (supermarkets, hospitality, pubs, cinema etc.)
- Life Assurance and Company Pension
- Industry leading training
- Enhanced DBS paid for by us
As a Waking Night Support Worker, your role will involve you supporting individuals to be able to have a restful and peaceful night. To do this you’ll provide assistance with bedtime routines as needed, including enjoying hot chocolate with the people we support!
The role may involve tasks such as:
- Carrying out “keeping safe checks” at regular intervals to ensure the people we support are safe and comfortable.
- Ensure that the environment is clean and sanitary.
- You will keep written records, using IT systems as required to help you including support plans, incident log and health and safety records.
- Creating a calm therapeutic environment for the people we support.
- Supporting people to make the most of their late evenings / nights when they wish to
- Provide personal care when required.
Discovery is a values-based employer, when looking for candidates:
- We do not need you to have prior experience as full training is given
- We want you to be happy to work within our values of ambition, courage, integrity, partnership and respect
- We know that you make a real difference to the lives of the people we support and their loved ones.
Discovery is about people. We are ambitious for the people we support and our colleagues. We want the people we support to have fulfilling lives and we want our colleagues to have great careers with us.
This role requires an enhanced DBS Disclosure, which will be obtained for you by Discovery.
Discovery is an equal opportunities employer that values diversity and is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. Discovery are Disability Confident Committed and we guarantee to interview all applicants who let us know they have a disability and meet the minimum essential criteria for this role. As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in our offices using assistive technology.