Location : Southampton:Regent Park Road
Salary : 4000000-5000000
BE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF EVERYDAY LIFE
Customer: British American Tobacco
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Closing Date: Monday 8th November 2021
Did you know that DHL Supply Chain is the world’s leading contract logistics provider? Did you know that we employ over 40,000 people in the UK alone and that we have a habit of promoting from within? Did you know that each of our customers have a dedicated finance function and Finance and Operations work seamlessly to ensure we maintain our status as the partner of choice for businesses around the world.
We work across multiple sectors including Retail, Automotive, Aerospace, FMCG, Retail, Public Sector and Aviation? This diversity means that no two contracts are the same and the possibilities of career development are almost endless.
If you want to be part of this incredible journey, DHL Supply Chain has the opportunity for you.
We are looking for an experienced Finance Manager looking to broaden their knowledge and experience as part of their journey to Financial Controller and beyond.
LLP provides high-value adding logistics design/management activities; integrating the services of different 3PLs across international boundaries. As such the finance function within LLP has particular focus on carrier procurement tenders, KPI performance, related gain share opportunities and cash neutrality.
The Key Responsibilities of the Finance Manager will include:
- Oversee the Freight Bill audit process for international road freight in OTM via the use of RPA
- Monitor and report on gainshare and other profit generating mechanisms
- Completion of month end accounts, balance sheets, OBR’s and other internal reports
- Work with internal & external partners / customers to foster collaboration, networking & best practice – reviewing and implementing standardisation
- Preparing budgets, forecasts and targets to identify trends and variances to budgets / forecasts
- Management of site Finance functions and development of wider finance team
- Building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure best practice
- Work closely with BAT LLP site leadership team to understand revenue generation and key sources of profit
- Providing appropriate analysis and recommendations to influence key decisions
- Review key risks and identify potential risks
- Ensuring financial controls are robust and fit for purpose
- Understand the billing process via the use of RPA
- Continuous review of customer debt and cash allocation and escalate as necessary
- Provide reports as and when requested
To be successful as a Finance Manager in DHL Supply Chain you need the following:
- Proven track record in a similar level role with experience of the above requirements
- Ability to influence key decision makers at all level
- Excellent knowledge of accounting processes and terminology
- People management experience and excellent communication skills
- Either relevant financial qualifications (AAT / CIMA etc.), training towards them or be qualified by experience
What will you get in return?
As a DHL employee you’ll have access to a wide variety of benefits aimed at enhancing your wellbeing both at home and at work, from a free and confidential 24/7 GP Service and Employee Assistance Programme to affordable loans, simple savings and financial education. You and your family can also access our mental health app on the go, free mortgage and Will advice as well as hundreds of retail and lifestyle discounts. We also offer yearly free flu jabs and give you access to our Private Medical Insurance through AXA Health. All this and more is hosted on our Benefits platform which you will have access as a DHL Employee.
What you’ll need to do next?
Joining the DHL family is easy! If you feel that you meet the criteria, have the passion to succeed and have the DHL values simply apply online, uploading an –up-to-date CV with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.