Location : Taunton
Salary : £10.25 Per Hour to Negotiable
Here at Discovery, we are looking for Support Workers to join the team in Taunton. Working at our lovely Registered Care Home you will enhance the quality of life of the people we support by empowering their independence. Discovery Support Workers do not need prior experience in Health Care Assistant or Social Care roles as full training is given.
Both full and part time roles are currently available
Benefits for Support Workers working with Discovery include:
- A competitive payrate with uplift for overtime you chose to work
- Flexible shift patterns to suit your needs
- 30 days paid Annual Leave (including public holidays – pro rata)
- Opportunities for career progression
- High Street Discounts – Retail and Entertainment (supermarkets, hospitality, pubs, cinema etc.)
- Life Assurance and Company Pension
- Industry leading training
- Enhanced DBS paid for by us
At Discovery our Support Workers prove that life can get better.
Activities Discovery Support Workers may be involved with include:
- Supporting people to go out for meals
- Visits to the cinema
- Going bowling
- Trips to the local swimming pool
- Arts and Crafts or Beauty sessions at home
- Enabling independence by assisting with day-to-day tasks (this may include – but not be limited to – finances, shopping, cooking & personal care)
Discovery is a values-based employer, when looking for candidates:
- We do not need you to have prior experience as full training is given
- We want you to be happy to work within our values of ambition, courage, integrity, partnership and respect
- We know that you make a real difference to the lives of the people we support and their loved ones.
Discovery is about people. We are ambitious for the people we support and our colleagues. We want the people we support to have fulfilling lives and we want our colleagues to have great careers with us.
This role requires an enhanced DBS Disclosure, which will be obtained for you by Discovery.
Discovery is an equal opportunities employer that values diversity and is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment