Lead QA Analyst (Gameplay – Football Manager Touch)
Location : United Kingdom
Lead QA Analyst (Gameplay – Football Manager Touch)
Reporting into: QA Manager
Sports Interactive are looking for a talented QA professional who wants to make the next step in their career. You will be responsible for developing, executing, and communicating the test strategy of all output produced by the team and/or product you will be assigned to.
A successful candidate will be a dynamic and self-motivated individual, with excellent communication skills, in order be a coach and mentor for the individuals under your remit.
- Design, implement, and iterate test plans and strategy related to output produced by assigned team;
- Produce test progress reports to QA and other stakeholders; highlighting any concerns or risks, as well as provide constructive feedback where required or requested;
- Provide ad-hoc assistance to assigned team where required to promote a bug prevention philosophy within the team, either through early and frequent testing, feedback, or other means
- Suggest and implemented potential opportunities to improve test processes;
- Coach and mentor members of the QA team, either as a group or on a 1:1 basis;
- Liaise with Customer Service teams and/or stakeholders, investigate issues and/or bugs raised by players to ensure issues are correctly prioritised for fixing;
- Provide assistance to the Senior Lead QA Analysts and/or QA Manager as/when required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- 2 years or more experience within QA, with games industry experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for effective collaboration and communication with all studio development teams and external partners;
- Attention to detail, dynamic, curious and adaptable;
- Strategic minded with natural problem solving skills;
- Strong interpersonal and motivational skills, demonstrating empathy where required and a desire for continuous improvement and development of yourself and others.
- Familiarity with current or previous Football Manager titles, football and/or similar sports video games
- Prior academic experience in a relevant games industry qualification and/or relevant practical experience in one or more of the following such as games or UI/UX design, art and/or animation, programming or data science;
- Working knowledge of various games hardware platforms and/or platform standards such as Microsoft Xbox, Sony PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, Streaming Platforms, iOS and Android;
- Relevant test certification (such as but not exclusive to ISTQB, ASTQB);
- Knowledge of different forms of functional and non-functional testing, automation and tools and how they can be applied to the test process.
Sports Interactive (SI) is an ambitious development studio creating immersive sports management simulations. Since 1994, we’ve captivated a global pool of players with our iconic, BAFTA award-winning game, Football Manager. We’re a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA having caught their attention in 2006 with our continuous critical and commercial success.
We’re a tenacious community, coming together at the Here East technology hub in Stratford, East London. Always expanding, the SI team takes on the gaming genre through a diverse array of disciplines. But no matter how big we dream, we keep our approach (and your schedule) flexible, creating a relaxed atmosphere where collaboration can thrive.
We approach everything with passion, whether that’s making our mark on the gaming and football industries or doing our bit for the world around us. We want to share that outlook with everyone who shows up to work here each day.
We like our talent tenacious, so you can expect to surround yourself with other ambitious individuals bringing their A-game to many different disciplines. We know collaboration is the key to constantly topping our best, and encourage our people to fiercely realise their own personal potential.
We believe everyone matters, no matter which part of the business you’re in. Above all else, we’re a team. A team with a down-to-earth dynamic, that works and plays together. We have fun doing what we do; one of the many reasons we’re one of the best places to work in the UK games business (Gameindustry.biz 2021 Large studio category).
And if you want a work/life balance, we’re behind you. Because while we live to create extraordinary games, we know that’s not all you’ve got going on. You can trust that we always keep things in perspective, fostering an environment where work can be more than just a job.
Our flexible working culture gives team members the responsibility to optimise their workloads, with in-office, hybrid and remote working options. Even in countries where we don’t directly employ*, we’ll even explore what’s possible via third parties and do our best to accommodate location preferences.
And when you’re not here making the world’s best management games, there’s a top-class benefits package for permanent team members based in the UK, including gym membership, private health, and dental care, plus many more perks. For those permanent team members outside of the UK, we strive to offer equivalent and localised benefits. We’re also a London Living Wage employer and proudly boast one of the lowest staff turnover rates in the industry.
*We’re able to directly employ in the UK, Ireland, France, Sweden and Finland.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from any relevant candidate irrespective of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion, or belief. Our studio has disabled access and facilities.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.