Great things are happening in the Europe and Australia (EUAU) region. Each day, our 2,500 plus colleagues bring their passion to our offices, manufacturing sites, R&D center, and commercial/distributor markets across Europe, Australia, and New Zealand. We are energized by over 150 years of bringing people together with the food they love. With beloved brands Old El Paso, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Jus-Rol, Fibre One, Latina Fresh and more, we are on a mission to become the undisputed growth leader in food for EUAU. In a world that’s ever-changing, we look to stay ahead and seek people who share our love of food and are hungry to shape the future.
The Advanced Specialist, IT role in Uxbridge provides both hands-on and remote technical support to employees across
the EUAU& GEMS organisations (primarily UK-based employees) with a customer service focused approach to problem
solving resulting in optimal business continuity. This position ensures that technical infrastructure is maintained,
replaced, and secured in line with Digital & Technology strategies to enable a robust working environment that
continuously meets changes to business needs. The incumbent takes ownership of situations, sees things through to
resolution overcoming any obstacles/roadblocks by navigating through the organisation to bring together correct people.
Currently this is an office-based role with the occasional requirement to travel to other General Mills European locations.
What your role is
IT Support (40%) / Business (Solutions) Partnership (60%)
- Desktop Support – undertakes desktop problem management and resolution – 2nd & 3rd line technical supportfor General Mills Middle East (onsite) and European (remote) users
- Customer Service – works closely with business users with full understanding of business processes, acting withurgency and empathy to resolve issues
- Problem management and Incident resolution– provides timely response to requests for support, consultancyand issue resolution in line with Service Level Agreements; taking ownership and escalating when required
- Provision of business tools & knowledge – accountable for ensuring hardware lifecycles are adhered to in linewith D&T recommendations by budgeting, planning, purchasing and providing business users with appropriate ITtools (hardware & software). Provision of appropriate IT knowledge and guidance to users in the form of OPLs,onboarding and knowledge-transfer
- Run & Protect – maintains high levels of uptime of critical systems related to local site operations includingWAN/LAN connectivity, servers, printing and phone systems; escalation to appropriate teams where necessary toensure issues are resolved with minimum business impact
- Security – works closely with Compliance Teams to ensure correct processes are implemented across regionalsites to meet Corporate objectives, measure engagement and escalate non-compliance
- New Technology Support – Collaborate with global D&T groups to implement new technologies across the EUAU& GEMS organisations in line with strategy/recommendations and, where appropriate, local/regional specific requirements
- Project Management – as required, undertakes various project work to plan, track and communicate IT changes.
- Have early awareness and engagement on approved projects that require infrastructure consultation and/or
- Vendor Management – works with external vendors and service providers to facilitate the resolution of problems
- to ensure business continuity
- Collaboration and Team Orientation- collaborates with proven ability to work closely with local and global teams
- to deliver solutions
- Technical (Disaster) Recovery – responsible for ensuring annual tests are completed in line with Business
- Continuity Plans, continuously working with business and technical teams to update strategy and/or testing
- Learning Mindset – demonstrates ability to learn and adapt to current IT-related technologies to ensure skills are always appropriate. Engages in continuous improvement.
What you will bring to the team
- At least 5 years demonstrable experience working within PC/Local Area Network (LAN) environments
- Proficiency in the working of servers, networks, computers and peripherals
- Excellent troubleshooting, creative and technical problem-solving skills
- Experience of the following products – Windows 10,Windows 2012/2016 Server,Active Directory,Office 365,PC imaging tools, ITIL Foundation accreditation
- Excellent communication and customer support skills, working at all levels within an organisation
- Proven experience of partnering with the business to deliver appropriate solutions
- Ability to prioritise tasks and create work schedules with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of system security and procedures for protecting the organisation’s data from intrusion or corruption
- Demonstrable experience of leading a project through to completion to add business value
- Familiarity of Incident/Problem Management systems (preferably Remedy/ServiceNow)
- Previous experience working in a Service Team or customer-facing role
- Experience of Cloud migration projects/tasks
- Graduate Calibre (preferably Computer Science qualification)
What you will get from us
• Flexible and employee-focused work culture
• Equal Employment opportunities
• Competitive package with benefits
At General Mills, we are committed to recruiting, retaining, developing and advancing an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of the consumers and communities we serve globally. If you are ready to fulfill your potential and share your talent with the outstanding people of General Mills, please submit your application, today!