Location : Wellingborough:Octavian Park
Salary : 1900000-2300000
BE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF EVERYDAY LIFE
Salary: £19,000 – £22,000 depending on experience
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Closing Date for Applications: 2nd November 2021
Did you know that DHL Supply Chain is the world’s leading contract logistics provider? Did you know that we employ over 40,000 people in the UK alone and that we have a habit of promoting from within? Did you know that each of our customers have a dedicated finance function and Finance and Operations work seamlessly to ensure we maintain our status as the partner of choice for businesses around the world.
We work across multiple sectors including Retail, Automotive, Aerospace, FMCG, Retail, Public Sector and Aviation? This diversity means that no two contracts are the same and the possibilities of career development are almost endless.
If you want to be part of this incredible journey, DHL Supply Chain has the opportunity for you.
We are looking for a Finance Assistant who will contribute and provide support in the running of a safe and efficient finance function. You will work within clear guidelines to achieve defined outcomes for the business and our customer(s)
The Key Responsibilities of the Finance Assistant will include
1) Making your customer more successful by:
– Providing financial and administration support and governance
– Supporting Solutions and following processes to minimise risk and improve efficiency
– Communicating and implementing changes to financial and process requirements promptly
– Fostering collaborative working and best practice between internal and external stakeholders
2) Driving High Performance by:
– Supporting financial strategies, plans and targets to develop existing and new business
– Ensuring robust process and solutions are implemented
– Helping prepare accurate reports, models, budgets and forecasts
– Supporting improvement programmes to aid profitability
– Maintaining ethical standards and financial governance
3) Control and Governance
– Support financial and business reporting and forecasting
– Ensure adherence to all DPDHL business compliance, policies and procedures
– Ensure DPDHL accounting standards are implemented within the business unit
To be successful as a Finance Assistant in DHL Supply Chain you need the following:
- Effective communication and rapport building skills
- Ability to develop and deliver high quality services and solutions
- A customer centric approach to finance and business operations
- An extremely high work ethic
- Motivation for career progression and development
- A basic knowledge of the use and meaning of finance metrics and tools
- Ability to gather and correlate correct date
- Ability to apply DPDHL financial policies to a limited range of activities
What will you get in return?
As a DHL employee you’ll have access to a wide variety of benefits aimed at enhancing your wellbeing both at home and at work, from a free and confidential 24/7 GP Service and Employee Assistance Programme to affordable loans, simple savings and financial education. You and your family can also access our mental health app on the go, free mortgage and Will advice as well as hundreds of retail and lifestyle discounts. We also offer yearly free flu jabs and access to discount off medical cash plans including cover for dental and eye care. All this and more is hosted on our Benefits platform which you will have access to as a DHL Employee.
What you’ll need to do next?
Joining the DHL family is easy! If you feel that you meet the criteria, have the passion to succeed and have the DHL values simply apply online, uploading an –up-to-date CV with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.